• Akir Tribute 2018 : The Lit of the Little Light Bulb

    Salam Akir. Here we go again. Today, marks the 8th year of your departure. Leaving us, leaving your family, your parents, your siblings, your hometown, your friends, leaving me. This shouldn't be the same old same old tear-jerker kinda entry as I wrote that a few years back. I didnt got the time to write you a tribute entry last year, I'm sorry. Usually, I'd just steal sometimes to honor you by posting your edited photos up in social medias. I do have the best edited photo of you for last year, it was just, I couldn't find the time to write to you. 

    Dear Akir, 

    Rest well. We know you're in good hands, in Allah's embrace. You left on a very calm Friday. Cold, windy, rainy Friday. A lot of us cried that day, especially your family. I did too. Years passed by, some of us might have forgotten of the day you left, some may just remembered that you passed, some may remembered the how, the when, the where. Some may never find the solace of your departure, some may just leave it to Allah. I would always look forward to June Akir. To how I wanna edit some more tribute pics of you, to writing to you these cheesy letters, entries, short poems, remembering you thru ur favorite songs. 

    I couldn't find the right phrase or words to describe my longing to you. But as far as I am still breathing, my prayers go to you darling. If missing you is in a little light bulb, it will stay lit, on and on.

    Dear Akir,

    Today is already the 26th Ramadan, and for a lot of us, this is the final push towards that one night holier than a thousand months. There'll be a lot of Muslims overnight for extra ibadah, be it personally, or jamaie. And for me, tonight is for you Akir. Honoring you, remembering you, and my prayers for you. May you ever be joyous in the hereafter, granted Jannah as per promised will be presented to the humblest servant of Allah, and Akir,

    Till Then, 
    Al Fatihah.

    0 comments → Akir Tribute 2018 : The Lit of the Little Light Bulb